project fell through :(

Hey everybody! I posted a message a few months ago regarding a project i was all stoked about. I bought a '93 YJ that was an insurance salvage vehicle and planned on having a couple of friends do the body over, install a 4" suspension kit, repaint it and in other words, make her awesome. I gave the guy $5000. and a new set of aluminum 15 x 10 rims (for a set of 33"ers) Well, we bought the yj and that was it. It sat there, untouched with the standard, "we'll get to it this week" i finally got fed up and got my wheels and money back. The jeep will be flt-bedded back to my house tomorrow. I'm kinda disappointed but i dont think i want to do the project with the

2.5l motor so i'm cutting my losses. If anyone is interested in it let me know. The top is a bestop replacement and in great shape (just dirty) and it runs good. Also, I have a brand new set of american racing outlaw II 62 wheels, brand new in the boxes with lugs and center caps i wont be using. $300. if anyone is interested. here's a link to the jeep:
i dont sell it, maybe i'll just get it retitled and drive it as a beater, cheaper than an ATV! walt '93 YJ ('ol girl needs lovin')
Reply to
wallster

That thing needs bodywork?! Heh you should see my CJ. I like em better when they're all trashed anyway - it makes me less concerned about offroading it and worrying about damaging my new paintjob. If I were you I'd just slap some good 30's or 31's on there and go play in the mud. If you bought a salvagable Jeep for that cheap and it runs fine then what are you selling it for?!!?! I'd probably pay the $2000 for it if you lived near me just for a toy. Wanna drive it to MB, Canada?

Reply to
griffin

i might just keep her for fun, i'll ponder it until it gets a little warmer here. I dont have the room to work on her indoors now anyways. It's not a registered vehicle so i'd have to flat bed it to you, that'd cost a couple bucks! thanks for the response.

walt

Reply to
wallster

project i was

33"ers)

tomorrow.

Good news! I took a long look at this Jeep and decided to keep it. A friend of mine owns a collision shop and was nice enough to let me borrow his dealer plates so i could take it out for a spin. She runs great, (after i changed the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and battery) shifts nice and everything works inside. I sent Albany NY the retitle info with a check and it should be ready to inspect in about a month. I'm not gonna go crazy making her showroom looking, just replace the fenders and weld in some patches on the body. Slap a cheap paint job and wahlah! $3000. wrangler. (maybe a couple bucks more depending on what else i scrounge)

walt '93 YJ (new project)

Reply to
wallster