Frame VIN location

I have a 66 coupe and am trying to verify authenticity. The VIN stamped on the block pad and the transmission match the VIN on the plate under the glove box. I have read that the VIN is also stamped on the frame on the driver's side in the rear behind the rear wheel somewhere on the top of the frame and that I should be able to see it with a mirror and flashlight. Can anyone tell me exactly where this would be?

Thanks, Greg

Reply to
greg.brown1

Look in the area right above the left rear shock absorber mount, on top of the frame rail. Since it was hand-stamped, it's location may vary a bit, but probably not more than a couple of inches.

Reply to
WayneC