Moisture in headlights

Car is a 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R. Condensation collects in both headlamps. Remove them and dry them out and in three or four days it's back. Any hints on how to stop it? BTW: Replaced both lamps a few years back because of the same problem.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

on 8/4/2007 2:33 PM Big Al said the following:

The moisture is getting in around the plug. You can use a silicon sealer to close the gap.

Reply to
willshak

What plug? The moisture is in the plastic headlamp. It seems to have a rubber vent?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Remove the headlight in 1 piece(after removing bulb, DONT TOUCH THE BULB!!), the lens should separate from the plastic back after removing 4 screws holding them together, clean the lens, then use a silicone sealant to reseal the assembly....then reattach. I have had to do this to my 92 SE-R before and it works great.

Reply to
LouieG

My van and pickup both had this problem. I just drilled a small vent hole on the lowest part of the lens. 1/8" or a little smaller. Moisture drained out and never had a problem with it again.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Ott