Interior light/door switch ?

Hello Folks,

I have a 92 C4 LT1 coupe.

After my wife took it on a trip, the interior lights won't come on when the doors are opened, This also affects the radio as it stays on and the antenna stays up probably until the 15 minute timeout as it thinks the doors are still closed.

It also disables the hatch switches on the end of the doors. Fortunately, the hatch switch in the console still works.

Does anyone know what to check ? The interior lights work fine if you turn them on with the slide ring around the headlight switch.

Thanks for any info !

~ Vern

Reply to
Vern

Wildass first guess is that an underdash harness connector or major ground point has come unplugged. Windshield wipers & door locks still working?

-- PJ '89 Hookercar '02 e-blu coupe

Reply to
PJ

Good advice PJ........I think its a ground since its intermittent. It did this once when it was about 15 deg. The wipers and locks still worked....and this morning...eureka ! Everything is back working ! The only thing that doesn't work is the oil temp guage....but I have the digital readout which never goes above 212 deg. If I was racing I might want that guage, but who cares, I never plan to sell it. I have

128K mi and it uses no oil. It does leak a few drops when you shut it off because a seal needs replaced, as I was quoted about $500 that I don't have as I'm not working. It was about 84 here in Virginia today. I came out of Wallymart and decided to take the top off. Felt good, except for the cowl shake !

~ Vern

Reply to
Vern