Help! Engine Light

Today was the 3rd time my engine light has gone on and the power reduced to

1/2. What's up?? I took the car to two dealers as it has 6,200 miles on it and of course is still under warranty. It is a 2006 C6 convertible. Both dealers ran a computer test and found basically nothing and reset the engine light. One dealer said that the second time it did this that it might be the pedal sensor or the throttle body sensor but did not know which it was a did nothing. I called GM/Chevrolet and they said that they could not do anything unless the dealer decided to do something. Pretty bad I would say. I have owned 8 Corvettes including a 2002 C5 and never had anything like this happen. Any suggestions or anyone with a like problem?? Thanks. Ned snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net
Reply to
Ned Chatelain

Do you have on-star? If you do and if it happens again, call on-star and ask them to pull down a diagnostic. It might tell you what is going on.

Reply to
Bill

try this: R&R your gas cap... when ya put it back on, turn it till it clicks...

g'day

Reply to
'Key

I believe the C6 will tell you if the gas cap is loose where the C5 did not. Still worth a try.

Reply to
Dad

thanks Dad.. I didn't know that..

Reply to
'Key

Mine broke while I was on a 300 mile trip last spring and it reminded me every

10 miles until I replaced it with one from my other car. Took it into the dealer and got a new one and haven't seen the message since. Never happened with the C5s but have heard of people getting the SES message and went to the dealer only to have them click the gas cap and send them on their embarrassed way.
Reply to
Dad

Reply to
L DaVinci