Looking for some nice interior shots.....

Of the '74 / 75 Vette. Preferably Silver, but more importantly anything but black.

I'm a little hampered searching with a slow assed dial up - so if anyone knows of some links I'll go check them out.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

Brought to you by 28.8 dial up............................. It's raining and it has in the past dropped to 8.2 download speed some of the time during the spring thaw. Normally I get a whopping 41.2 unless the weather is bad.

Loads slow but has a 1978 pace car down about 8 cars with a full silver interior.

Reply to
Dad

Scratch that site, won't come up. Try

6 great shots of a silver interior.

Reply to
Dad

Hi Dad,

Thanks for those links. I'm kinda looking specificly for a 74 / 75 with silver interior.

Since my '68 has no matching numbers, is currently painted AMC Fresh Plum Metallic (long funny story) and since I've owned it 30+ years already - I want to give it a total makover and have something "different" for the last

20 years of my life. The objective is to immitate the '78 pace car look but keep most all of the "68isms" intact. I bought it in '78 and had that vision way back then when the pace car was the coolest looking Vette made. I want to make good on my original "master plan".

I'm torn between keeping the interior black or converting it to Silver. Quite frankly I've always been jealous of all the people with the bright blue or red interiors. However, I also know nothing says "muscle car" like a black interior and perhaps the exterior package is enough to give it some pizzaz without doing the inside. This is a "no power anything" bare bones muscle car and I like that about it too. And though I can't afford the repro ZL1 from GM - I will eventually replace the drive train with an SBC

427 with aluminum heads - so I'm truely torn as to the "direction" to take the interior in.

Seeing the early silver interior will give me a clue both of what it will look like, and the work I'm up against to switch.

Having been self employed my whole life at 4 different professions (all with mostly qualified success) the only constant that has been my "lifes work" is looking after this one car... I just want to get it right now that I'm headed into the last rodeo with it.....

Ya - I **want** the 427 I didn't get as a kid... I want it all.... but I wanna do it "right" and not have to look back and wish....

Once I can articulate it a little better.... I'll post a complete "mission statement" as to what I want the car to be in it's final incarnation.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

Projects are always fun.

But right now you can buy a vette with almost all the HP of the early 427's, improved handleing, creature comforts and reliability for probably less than this project will cost. Agreed it won't have the self satisfaction of a project. But the smile will be just as big imo.

Reply to
Roy

Ran onto a fellow with a red/red/white C2 this weekend at a Memorial day parade, over 100 Corvettes. Noticed the '65 hood and the fuel injected emblems and that it had '64 rocker panel covers. Thought that maybe he would like the incorrect '65 covers I have on my '64. Oops, the whole car was a bastard mix of parts. It was a '64 with a '65 hood, '82 chassis, '88 suspension, glass springs, rack and pinion steering, 400 aluminum SBC, fake period injection computer controlled, which you had to look close to tell, and a 6 speed Richmond.

His only problems with the car was it was squirrelly on take off and top speed was limited by its design, otherwise it was a fun car for trips and got over 20 miles to the gallon. He was happy with his creation and that's how it should be.

One last thought, the body work was to die for and he was a classy guy.

Reply to
Dad

Oh, I'll get all the HP and a few more. :) I think you missed the part where I've owned and loved this car for over 30 years. It's been a beloved pet and part of the tapestry of my entire life. Were someone to steal it and replace it with a new Vette ( thinking that I might not notice?) I'd hunt them.

I just got done building and equiping a 650 sq ft dedicated facility for doing this car.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino