1990 4Runner - Looking for source for headlight high-low contacts

Hello,

Recently I posted about replacing the headlight switch on my 1990 4Runner. I was able to find a replacement part and have already installed it.

My problem now is that the high-low contacts, which appear to be part of the turn-signal switch assembly, may need to be replaced. I've tried burnishing the contacts as seen here

on Roger Brown's website, but without any success. Take note, that I only burnished them and will, most likely, try filing them if I can't find a replacement part soon. What I'm trying to find out is what exactly is that part called? Every search for "turn-signal switch" just brought up turn-signal lights. Once I have the correct part name, then my searching may come up with something. If, on the other hand, someone here happens to have a source for the part I would greatly appreciate finding out about it. Links anyone?

I've waded through numerous sites trying to find the part without any luck. Most of the sites seems to use the same "parts catalog", which makes it seem as though I'm visiting the same sites over and over again.

I haven't had a chance to check with the dealer yet and can imagine what they might charge for that "electrical" part, seeing as how they wanted $87 just for the headlight switch, which, by the way, I was able to get for around $50 shipped directly to me.

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply here to the group.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis