Some nice shots of our Pickwick run yesterday

There are more at the club site at
Mine is the white Rubi with the 6 pack of lights on the top and the spare on the inside.. My bigger wheel/tire combo wouldn't fit on the stock hanger. One thing at a time.

Man we had a GREAT time! Got to run up several rock bottomed creeks, saw some beautiful waterfalls and even got a couple of "pucker" moments :)

Reply to
Kate

Nice, I don't see any snow though. I've got six feet in the back yard, drifted to twelve some places.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

"Earle Horton" wrote

Nice, I don't see any snow though. I've got six feet in the back yard, drifted to twelve some places.

Cheers,

Earle

HAH! Lucky You! Nope, no snow - thank God!

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Nice shots.

Hope you had that spare strapped down good, wouldn't want to get slapped side the head by one of those eh. I strap mine to the roll bar when I had it inside.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

Don't you just love this new, warmer climate?

I'm about to head down that way next week - what's 550 over Red Mountain Pass look like?

Reply to
Will Honea

Not recommended. I have been commuting to Durango for a month, and that is not recommended either. ;^) Friday and Saturday were beautiful, couldn't ask for better days, the road crews finally started catching up. Sunday was another nightmare storm. The wind almost knocked me over, coming out the door. Today is another one like Friday and Saturday. Durango is all potholes, some big enough to swallow a short wheel base Jeep whole. When all this stuff starts to melt...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Nice run! No snow, but I'll bet it was cold. I had another trip up 89 just inside the Nevada border planned for Saturday, but 60+ mph winds and 5' of expected snow changed my mind.

Love the light bar. I suspect you could fry a chicken at 60 paces with that thing.

Reply to
Outatime

Very nice pictures. Looks like a great time.

Reply to
nrs

Gracias. Think I'll see if I can procrastinate a little longer. All this stuff has been stopping just over the hill from us but looks like an interesting Spring for the Amimas and Rio Grande watersheds - might even be enough to refill some of the Colorado lakes this year.

Reply to
Will Honea

Nice run! No snow, but I'll bet it was cold. I had another trip up 89 just inside the Nevada border planned for Saturday, but 60+ mph winds and 5' of expected snow changed my mind.

Love the light bar. I suspect you could fry a chicken at 60 paces with that thing.

Reply to
Kate

"Mike Romain" wrote

Nice shots.

Hope you had that spare strapped down good, wouldn't want to get slapped side the head by one of those eh. I strap mine to the roll bar when I had it inside.

Mike

Sure did Mike, I wasn't wanting to wear it as a necklace. We put some good ratchet ties on it and snugged it down to the floor. Sure was a great day, I hated coming home.

K.

Reply to
Kate

Several here of the back of my beastie, the one with no tire on the rump.

K.

Reply to
Kate

So you're tireless?

Sorry, couldn't help myself....

Reply to
XS11E

at

Dang, those waterfalls are sweet! Living in the desert makes me wanna venture further out. :)

Nice lightbar. where or how did you run your light wires to the underhood? Did you go through the hood with a drill or use the window stop etc or grill on the hood? I saw a jeep in a parking lot in which his install left alot to be desired. :( I.e., didn't look clean at all.

BTW, where did you mount your on off switches for the lights? I have

3 KC's on the front bumper of my rubi, in which I mounted the light switches on the cigarette tray blank. Was hoping to mount a few more up top like yourself but don't really have much room except maybe on the dash to the right or left of the steer wheel. Thanks!
Reply to
ULB

So you're tireless?

Sorry, couldn't help myself....

Reply to
Kate

"ULB" wrote

Dang, those waterfalls are sweet! Living in the desert makes me wanna venture further out. :)

Nice lightbar. where or how did you run your light wires to the underhood?

*I drilled right through the windshield post under the passenger side mount. Then used a rubber grommet to protect them, on both sides -inside and outside and the black sealant tape that they use for windshields as waterproofing. I took the interior trim panel out on the pasenger side, ran the wires down inside there (the wires for my mirror were already in there) and then ran them through the firewall just behind the battery. I could try to get you some photos if you'd like me too. All and all I think the install came out REALLY clean. I'm a type A when it comes to my vehicles. Even when it's a Jeep. All of the holes were drilled the minimum size to accomidate the wires AND a rubber grommet to prevent chafint. Then they were all wrapped in black wire loom.

We ran the 6 lights to two relays because of the ammount of amps they would draw. The relays are mounted under the hood and are not only out of the way but pretty inconspicious. The two on the outside work on one switch, the four on the inside work on another.

Did you go through the hood with a drill or use the window stop etc or grill on the hood?

** Hood? Not sure I understand the question here.

I saw a jeep in a parking lot in which his install left alot to be desired. :( I.e., didn't look clean at all.

** You see a lot of that. It took a lot of patience and wrangling to get it nice and clean looking. I even modified the light bar so that the wires were covered from underneath, I didn't like them being exposed. All of the connections are slodered and heat shrunk with marine grade heat shrink. Overkill maybe, but hey, It's not coming apart LOL

BTW, where did you mount your on off switches for the lights? I have

3 KC's on the front bumper of my rubi, in which I mounted the light switches on the cigarette tray blank. Was hoping to mount a few more up top like yourself but don't really have much room except maybe on the dash to the right or left of the steer wheel. Thanks!

*** I have a blank plate on my dash that was just crying out for a bank of switches. It's just to the left of the power point. ike I said, I'll post some photos. It's a nasty day and I wanted an excuse to pull it into the garage and vacuum out the trail crud anyway.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Wow, Kate. All that water and no one was fishing. I'd have at least had a troll line out.

.......but that's just me.

The Rubi- looks great. I really like the wheel/tire combo.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

That's not overkill if you plan on keeping your Jeep! I did a bunch of splices for new plugs and such and either used the waterproof heat shrink with the glue in them or I filled the tubes with dielectric grease before shrinking. They are holding up great.

When I do the new frame swap I have started, I now, 8 years later have to replace most of the other plug and sockets for rot. It's not the plug and sockets, I used dielectric on them, new and old, it's the wires going 'into' the old ones that has rotted away!

All the new stuff will be weatherproofed, that's for sure. That heat shrink isn't that expensive and I found a sneaky weak spot, the back of the plugs.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain
*All of the connections are slodered and heat shrunk with marine grade heat shrink. *

There's the big tip right there---ALWAYS use marine grade sloder, no other sloder will do as good a job. Neither will solder.

(wink wink) Sent and picked on with love.....

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader
**POKE**** Ya nut