Question

Will the stock Z06 rims 17"x9.5 and 18"x10.5 fit on a 98 C5 without any adapters??? The reason I am asking this questions is because I hate the WIDE spokes on the rims that the 98 C5 came with and would like to put a little more tire on the ground in the rear...

I do like the silver 5 spoke rims that came on the 2000 C5 and in doing some checking on it I have found that the rears are 18"x9.5 and will except a P285/40/ZR-18 that comes out to 11.22 inches on the ground is this the widest I can go staying inside the wheel wells on my stock 98 C5? or will the Z06 rim with a 315/30ZR-18 stay inside the wheel well???

I am sorry for all of these questions but I would like to know from people who know not go to a tire shop and look stupid trying out every thing on the shelf, any answers would be great.

And I defiantly value your opinion "DAD" Thanks in advance for any answers

Reply to
ZÿRiX

Yes, the Z06 rims will fit with no problems, if you don't believe that take a look at every other C5 out there, they have Z06 rims. Blaaaaa, do something different. You are correct to be concerned about staying under the body, I had a set of after market rims that had just a 1/2 offset and they stuck out past the rear quarters, looked like crap.

Just an added bit of information about the 2002 polished and painted wheel, it's forged, all of those after that were cast. Just a little lighter and a little stronger. You can identify them by the width of the spoke where it meets the rim, they are narrower. I just happen to have a set that I run on my 98 for sale. I actually like them well enough to put them on the C6 but the big brakes killed that. Looking at the tire circumference they are about the same although the rims are different sizes.

Just a thought, try a set of the C6 wheels, some are available from those that are going to the high dollar rims.

If you are close by stop and we'll put the non-runflats and the 2002 rims on and let you see how much it changes the ride quality and cuts the noise. I'm under the street light on the Michigan-Ohio-Indiana borders.

Just curious, what suspension did you get? Do you still have the plastic links on the stabilizer bars?

Reply to
Dad

Sorry, it is the 2000 wheel that is forged, not the 2002!!!

To far away, shipping would kill us.

At the end of each stabilizer bar.

Reply to
Dad

Shipping would be about $30 to $35 a wheel so if you want to sell them just toss out a figure and I will see if I can afford it thank you... if you want you can send me an e-mail at zyrix at cox . net spacing is to keep spammers bot from getting it

Reply to
ZÿRiX