Re: alt groups, rec groups

REPLY: Theres a few =A0Corvette NG's =A0about. =A0This ng is dead because= of

> the squabbling and animosity that goes on.

Strange! I've never seen evidence of animosity in here, EXCEPT that directed at you in particular Now why do you think that occurs?

Reply to
Ken

Well, I see that Zombiewoof and Dad are still here from way back.

The same thing has happened in a lot of newsgroups. Maybe the "Big 8" have the right idea. I guess I'll just refrain from joining the chorus of complaints against Verizon.

Besides, now that I started this off topic thread and got a couple of people ragging on each other, I've become a troll! I guess that's what I get for selling the 'Vette and buying a Saturn SL1.

The Saturn now is still about 10,000 miles short of what the Corvette did when I bought it (about 146,000 vs. 156,000). I started spending money on the 'Vette right away. Paid $8200 for it (September 1997), kept it until January of 2003, spent at least $10,000. It had 258,000 on it when I sold it to a high school senior for $3500.

So far I've spent less than $250 on the Saturn, not including tires and one brake job, but the radiator fan is out. (And it doesn't overheat, even in

100-degree heat in traffic!) The a/c cycles off and on when I'm stopped at lights or in traffic, but the engine doesn't get hot. (It could be that the a/c doesn't switch the fan on, but the engine temp does -- I have some experimenting to do.)

I sold the 'Vette after spending over $3000 in one year, for a new rack and pinion, lower ball joints, air conditioner, master cylinder, and then in December the heater core started leaking. Rather than pay someone to fix it or lie on my back with my head under the dash for hours to replace a $30 part, I bypassed it. That's when I decided it needed to belong to someone who wanted to work on it. The kid who bought it was in auto shop class.

About a year ago I drove a friend's '07. The similarities were amazing! Of course, it was much quieter and a much nicer car, but it reminded me a lot -- a whole lot -- of the '85. Maybe in about 2018 I'll be able to afford an '06 model. :-)

Later, guys.

-Alan

Strange! I've never seen evidence of animosity in here, EXCEPT that directed at you in particular Now why do you think that occurs?

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Alan P. LaRue