Re: concerns before buying

>>Before I buy, I have some concerns that deal with the total cost of >>ownership as a daily driver. I haven't found any sites or replies yet >>that give numbers for typical costs of ownership but I'm still looking >>while asking here. Trying to avoid a lengthy post with details, >> >>a) Does 65 cents/mile sound reasonable ( omitting assumptions but I >>don't think these will affect the cost more than 5 cents/mile) ? >> >>b) Do you think the car is as reliable as a Honda Accord? >> >>c) Is an extended warrantee worth the cost and if so, what is a fair >>cost from the dealer for "x" number of years?? I don't plan to do >>repairs and expect to own it hopefully 10 years minimum. >> >> >>Appreciate the help here. >================================== >Honestly I have absolutely no clue.....I never have attempted to >figure the actual cost per mile on any of my vehicles... Just say I do >not want to know... > >Instead I measure my overall satisfaction ... repairs are a minus, >smiles are a plus... > >Had to laugh on the Honda question... That is a car that is not often >compared with a Corvette... But in general,.(.by the way I judge a >car} the Honda may get a plus for repairs...but I kind of doubt a >Honda would put too many smiles on my face.. > >Good luck... >Bob Griffiths

Thanks Bob for your honest straight forward reply. Your point is noted.

Reply to
Ken

My '90 Z51 has the best gas mileage on highways of any car I own; others are 2000 Grand Caravan, 1994 Town & Country. It clocks above 25mpg in 6th gear over long distances.

Around town, however....

Mike Squires

Reply to
Michael Squires

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:26:23 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@cs.indiana.edu (Michael Squires) wrote something wonderfully witty:

Been my experience in a `95 coupe as well. Best milage numbers of my entire fleet all of which have smaller engines. As far as maintenance goes, yeah tires are more expensive, and Mobil One oil changes are as well, but Geez Louise none of the other fleet has as high a yee-ha factor. Although the `01 Mustang Drop-Top comes close. Fun little car to drive, but still gets worse milage and I used Mobile One in it as well. Oh and the Goodyear Eagles that go on it aren't all that cheaper either. Oh and get this, the freakin insurance on the damn Mustang is actually higher, don't ask me why.

Reply to
ZombyWoof