Re: Corvette Names

People name things when they don't have children or animals to name?

snipped-for-privacy@home.now spoke thusly: > >> my Candy apple red 1970 SS454 Chevelle is called big red, the candy 87 > > > > Mine is simply referred to as "the car" because the other things in the > driveway are just "transportation"... > > -- > > Shut up, Dave. > > -|>|- Diode -| '68 L-79 Coupe > '79 Triumph Bonneville
Reply to
fh

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 00:29:18 -0400, "fh" puked:

That's not true, I have kids and my toys have names. In fact, I call my kids a lot of things that aren't even their names...

lab~rat >:-)

My Corvettes are named The 64 the 72 the 76 the 79 and the 98 My Chevelle I sold in April was named the Chevelle.. not at all creative

BUT my Telescopes all have names... the SCT is Fat Man, the Refractor is Skinny Man the Newt is Sweet Pea....

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Just " the vette" As in , i'm taking out the Vette. Not original but my other cars are just that--cars. The Vette is a different animal : )

Reply to
joevett

My favorite has always been, "the plastic pig." Of course, I'm the only one that can use that.

Reply to
truebluebowtie

My wife calls mine, " his other bitch."

Rob

Reply to
Scubabix

Whew.......I hope she says that with a smile.

Reply to
truebluebowtie

hope who says what ? try using quotes and maybe one can tell what you're talking about.

Reply to
'Key

INstead of complaining, why not follow the thread. Read the post right above and figure it out. You DO know about posting threads and trees right? Better this than wading through lines and lines of previous posts to see a one sentence answer. All programs should cut out the crap that was already posted and cut down on the noise, which you have helped create more of.

Reply to
truebluebowtie

You make an assumption that all news readers are the same, not so.

Reply to
Dad

Agreed, they are not. However, the one he's using can be seen by looking at his posting info which tells me he's using is MS Outlook Express through Road Runner in Houston. Options include a Read tab which can be set to Expand all group messages so you can see what was said and then replied. In MS bulletins, they suggest you set this tic on the box and in upcoming new versions of MS browsers and ng readers, it will be a default so anyone can see threads as they are meant to be seen by default.

Reply to
truebluebowtie

Yeah, she does, thank goodness

Reply to
Scubabix

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:40:59 -0400, Bob G. puked:

!0" SCT is Chubby Televue is Stubby...

lab~rat >:-)