Removing the C3 Dash Pad

I looked through some of the old forum messages and I did find some messages discussing the removal of a C3 dash pad. But I'm still not sure about the steps. So, could someone outline the steps for removig the dash pad from a 69 Vette?

Thanks, Charles

Reply to
Charles Halliman

1000 screws hold the rear in place...(lol) not quite that many honest...the screws just under the pad that go from over the speedo etc all the way across the dash to the passengers door...The front of the pad (up by the windshield has clips that snap on to a metal flange under the windshield... just remove the screws and pull the dash out...

Getting it back in is the problem...the snaps or clips are a pain to align and then you have to take you hand and "smash" forward to seat the clips (a 35 year old viunyl covered dash pad WILL crack if you smash it too hard..(been there done that...!!)

Get yourself an assembly manuel for about 20 bucks of so from any of the major vendors. show how the entire car is put together...

Bob .

Reply to
Bob G.

Bob,

I have the service manual for my '69 vette. But I can't find the detail instructions on upper dash pad removal. Do you know what page they are on?

Thanks, Charles

Reply to
Charles Halliman

============== No I have the SERVICE manuals for my Corvettes BUT I do not think you will find the info unless you had Body Shop book...

I use the assembly manuels (these are not service manuels ) to see how things are put together...and how I should take them apart.... The assembly manuels are nothing but diagrams that show how the cars are put together ...availaboe for each model year from all the major vendors...

Really not hard to remove the dash... but it helps to know how it is held in place before your try to remove it...

Bob

Reply to
Bob G.