C3 Winshield Side Panel Post Removal

I'm trying to remove my C3 (1969) dashpad. I was told that I first needed to first remove the two post panels that run along the side of the windshield, then remove the screws etc. that hold the dash in place. In trying to remove the panels along the windshield, I removed the screws at the top of the panels. Something is still holding the panels in place. The post panels don't move a bit. Assuming you undertand what I'm talking about, could someone tell me what holds the side panels in place? Do they clip in somewhere or is there some hidden screw that I don't see.

I have a 1969 assembly manual, but I still don't see how to take the panels off. I'm probably overlooking it. If someone can point me to the correct illustration, I would appreciate it.

By the way, I'm looking at J95 in the assembly manual to try to determine how to remove the dashpad. Can someone tell if that is the right illustration?

Please get back to me.

Thanks, Charles

Reply to
Charles Halliman

I found the two connectors. Now my problem is I'm having problems getting the connectors to disconnect. Can I use a screw driver to twist the connectors apart, or will I break something?

Thanks, Charles

Reply to
Charles Halliman

Ignore my last two messages. I went out and worked with the connectors. And I got one off. I'll take the other side off, and then go on to the dashpad.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Halliman

I had the same problem when i took off the side mouldings for the first time too ; those little plastic velcro things grab pretty tight.

Reply to
dave