Thinking of upgrading to C5

Snipped more of the same - Sorry dude, what you just said proves you have no idea what Daniel C. Bennett thinks or writes. Lets just say he may have been a non-believer and with much study and much more thought than you put in this reply he has had a change of heart. I had no reason to post any writting that was to prove you wrong and if you had done what was suggested you would have realized that. Now go do the right thing!!

To answer your Job 38:4 question , why would He have to ask that question, didn't He already know? Also would be interesting to know why Job would even write that, but then I quess inquiring minds wanted to know even back then and made up things to fit that preceived need. On the other hand maybe he was just another pencil-neck pointy-headed intellectual idiot that has a massive disdain for anything bigger than his swelled ego.

Dad

Reply to
Dad

'Cardiologist Maurice Rawlings has written a book "To Hell and Back" in

1993 about near-death experiences. '

REPLY: I have this book and its very compelling. This Cardiologist was an ardent atheist for many years but he started resussitating people and took note of their reports, behaviour, etc... He started tape recording some of them and eventually became convinced that there was an afterlife and God was a very real Being . He became a devoted follower of Christ based on his personal first hand experiences in the hospital he worked at.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

'And that is all I will say, except that, like Dad, I ignore "Dave". AJM'

REPLY: But Dad doesnt. But thats ok.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Dad, no offense to you intended I did a search on his bio and all I saw was that he was a philosopher, an endeavor more like an artist than scientist that doesn't have to give any evidence supporting his beliefs or ideas to incur credence, and what I read of his writings led me to believe he was one of those humanists that puts everything in neat little piles of 'natural' occurrences. I yield as to your greater knowledge of him and if he did a

180 later in life then I guess he too can see the problems of his earlier writings and admit mistakes. I will make a point to look for his later stuff and learn more of his "change of heart", always looking for stuff that makes me think. As for Job sometimes asking a question answers another, and as some question the truthfulness in the words of the Bible I've never seen anything written that proves anything wrong in it. In fact the more historical records found (Dead Sea Scrolls, documents of Josephus Flavius) the more collaborating evidence is revealed. I have a background in biochemistry and the more we learn about the complexity of life the more utterly incredible it is, something that obviously didn't just 'appear' in a bowl of 'soup'. But I bet Bennett still couldn't change the oil in his car!hehe

Oh and to the other poster that doesn't care what I think who WOULD care what anyone says on this anyway it's a Corvette forum is it not?haha!

Butcher '96 LT-4 CE

Reply to
Butcher

well Butcher, ya got a point there ..

-- "Key"

Reply to
'Key

A philosopher or and artist can't be a religious man? What are the people that change their own oil supposed to be? Myself I always though it was nice to have all the religion we can get, otherwise there would be people fighting all the time ...............aaaaahhhh crap, sorry they are fighting, forgot. Maybe the present blood bath is just to catch up with the Spanish inquisition slaughter.. thank God for those more gentle times in history.

I think I'll once again hide from the benefits of religion and return to talking about cars.

Reply to
Dad

I guess I shouldn't have read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" when I was a kid!hehe

Butcher '96 LT-4 CE

Reply to
Butcher

Carlin was the Zen Master. His last concert showed his age starting to catch up with him a little. He could remember a 2 hour set without any cue cards taped to the stage floor, including his brilliant setups and call backs.

Reply to
Ric Seyler

Maybe not, maybe so.........

Reply to
Ric Seyler

But Dave, the Bible isn't a good argument for your point. The Bible was written by HUMANS from stories passed down from other HUMANS. Once HUMANS get involved, personal agendas, distortions and the want to control others for their own purposes come into play.

I think of the Bible as a general Guide Book, to give people analogies and examples, and in no way to be taken literally. Much less cherry picked through and parts ignored by many of those who consider themselves "Religious". Like this bunch of JesusLander/NeoCONS we have in Washington now. They are the most Un-Jesuslike group that thump their Bibles when it serves them to do so, and ignore and disobey other parts at will.

Reply to
Ric Seyler

DING DING we have a winner!! Of course they can. But many of the "Religious" forget about the parts of the Bible that state understanding of and for others......

Reply to
Ric Seyler

'But Dave, the Bible isn't a good argument for your point. The Bible was written by HUMANS from stories passed down from other HUMANS. Once HUMANS get involved, personal agendas, distortions and the want to control others for their own purposes come into play.'

REPLY: I used to think this also about the Bible Rick ; till i investigated it seriously. It was written by some 30 different Authors who lived on different continents and at different times in history...yet it has one common theme : Mankinds sin nature and a Holy Gods plan of reconciling man back to himself. When you apply The Bible to the same stringent historicity test that all Ancient Literature is subjected to, The Bible surpasses ALL of them . If you would like to see for yourself, you can simply do a google under : Historicity Testing The Bible , or, obtain the book : When Skeptics Ask by Dr. Norman Geisler at

.

'I think of the Bible as a general Guide Book, to give people analogies and examples, and in no way to be taken literally.'

REPLY: Rick, Jesus Christ took it literally . He said the Bible was the Word of the living God and that mankind would be judged by it. A short study in Hermanuetics (Biblical Interpretation) allows the reader to determine if whats being said is literal, figurative, allegorical, etc. I think of the BIble as Gods revelation to mankind and as a history, science, and psychology book....its incredible how it cuts to the marrow concerning the heart, thoughts, actions, motives of man.

'we have in Washington now. They are the most Un-Jesuslike group that thump their Bibles when it serves them to do so, and ignore and disobey other parts at will.'

REPLY: The BIble also teaches how to discern the real from the counterfiet and warns of those who will put on a charade in order to decieve many. However, this doesnt discount the many millions whos lives have been drastically changed by its Power including Kings, Presidents, Generals, The Rich, The Poor, the Affluent, The Hedonist, the Murderer, the Sexually Immoral, and others from all sorts of walks.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

==========snip ============

Good that you cooled it when you did.

My transcontinental crystal ball had the "Thought Police" and the shiny black helicopters converging on Gulf Breeze, right at sunset!

-- pj

Reply to
PJ

Let the little hypocrite go, Ric. Think I'll go read some David Hume. Perhaps something from Betrand Russell. Too bad there's not an IQ requirement to own a Corvette.

AJM

Reply to
CardsFan

A good more, Dimwit still hasn't leasned to keep his annoying religious delusions to himself...K

Reply to
Ken

LOLOL

Reply to
Ric Seyler

Aliens? LOLOLOL Or just John from Cincinnati?

Reply to
Ric Seyler

nude clothing anyone??

hmmmmmm