Mid 80's extra cab truck... setup of "extra cab"?

Hey, was wondering if any extra cab owners can help me out. I'm thinking about getting a mid 80's extra cab 4x4 'yota pickup, and was wondering something about the extra cab. In pictures I have seen, it looks like there is a "parcel shelf" in the extra cab area. Is is just simply a shelf with nothing below it? Or is it a fully enclosed box that you can set things on top of? If I end up purchasing one of these trucks I may want to put my current speaker setup into the truck and need to know what type of space is available back there. If it is clear underneath the shelf, how tall is it?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can help me with.

Reply to
jake

JMach

Reply to
greg.jensen

Have 85 xtra cab --- it has 6-7" of clearance under it (cept where the drive shaft is). You could custom make a good sized long speaker enclosure for it. It is easily removed. A small 6 year old can sit on it without breaking it. I mounted plstic cased 6x9 speakers under it and a Bazooka tube on top of it.

Reply to
Wolfgang