Thinking of upgrading to C5

I have the recording but didn't know if I wanted to attach it so found it easily on the net. I wanted to put a pointer to Jesse Jackson's baby hotline but I think the PC crowd have them all blocked. Way funny............

You get over this way let me know, we can get a bite to eat and gossip about the group. I'm 17.75 miles into Ohio on the TP.

Had to put the top up today so I could lock it up to go into the court house and not have the laptop stolen, (wanted to see how the speedometer and GPS speed compared). Could not hardly breath when I came back out and went to the parts store, top came down before I left there and was still sweating when I got home, 96 degrees and 85% humidity.

Reply to
Dad

And then!!!! there is my all time favorite, George Carlin.......

or for those that can't read...
"Brilliant. I'm sure "Dave" is offended, but I LMFAO. AJM"

REPLY: AJM, Its the/your personal Creator whom you dont want to exist , that is offended ; lots of foolish folks are quite brave.....this side of death. Only you can change that.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Carlin.......

for those that can'tread...

That is SO fukin' funny.....................and so true!

Reply to
Ken

'That is SO fukin' funny.....................and so true!'

REPLY: This is far better material than what George Carlin offers :

In order to reject the personal obvious Creator , the Atheist must resort to incredulous silly faith for his practiced religion ; here are a few non sensicle things that atheists must hold to due to their pride, rebellion, and arrogance of not wanting to live for the Creator :

  1. Tries to pretend that very personal innate qualities of a human being such as abstract thoughts, moral oughtness, ethical systems, compassion, empathy, et al ... came from NON personal material such as Hydrogen Gas , planets, dirt, etc... This is akin to the Pet Rock idea of the 1960's having 'personality' .
  2. Tries to pretend that the vast array of specified complexity such as Human DNA can come about from the atmosphere when even its co-founder, atheist Dr. Francis Crick , boldly declared that : " it is IMPOSSIBLE for DNA to have arrived by accident from the atmosphere".

  1. Tries to pretend that the scientifically confirmed 133 (so far discovered) constant parameters of our Solar System which are all needed simultaneously / working collaborately with one another , so earth can be here so we can live on it....came about thru 'natural , accidental ,non intelligence' purely by chance for no good reason.

  1. Tries to pretend that there are no absolute moral laws which he should live by ... even though he expects and demands others treat himself with absolute morality ( all the time) .

Now..THAT is so funny and true, isnt it ?!!!

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

I'm a new Vette owner and don't want to butt in especially off topic but there's a great book out there called "Tornado in a Junkyard" by James Perloff that intellectually and logically refutes all the arguments of the Darwinist atheists. Ever heard of entropy (second law of thermodynamics)? Hint : entropy is the tendency for matter to become disordered over time, Nature requires the INPUT of energy to maintain an ordered state. I guess if you read the book in your Vette it wouldn't be off topic...hehe

Thanks for all the great info I've gotten here (not counting the trolls) I LOVE MY CE!

Butcher '96 LT-4 Collector Edition

Reply to
Butcher

Snip

Typical reply and as usual incorrect, the Pet Rock fad was in 1975 only. Where do you get your information off the bathroom walls at the courthouse? "Pet Rocks were a 1970s fad conceived in Los Gatos, California by an advertising executive Gary Dahl. The first Pet Rocks were ordinary gray pebbles bought at a builder's supply store and marketed as if they were live pets. The fad lasted only about six months, ending with the Christmas season in December 1975; but in its short run, the Pet Rock made Dahl a millionaire."

I never compared you personally to a Pet Rock either, would never insult a rock like that.

Reply to
Dad

'I'm a new Vette owner and don't want to butt in especially off topic but there's a great book out there called "Tornado in a Junkyard" by James Perloff that intellectually and logically refutes all the arguments of the Darwinist atheists.'

REPLY: Glad you became a member of the worldwide Corvette Club Butcher This book you speak of sounds like a British Astronomers quotation regarding Abiogenesis (life from non-life fallacy) , as follows :

' The chance that life arose from non life is equal to the chance that a Tornadoe ripping thru a junkyard could assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein' .

Reply to
dave

yes it builds on the fact that through time things tend to become less organized rather than more, but it goes into many other aspects of chance/time vs. intelligent design, also does a great job of refuting theories that the world is very old and changes slowly. You will think twice about fossil evidence and rock strata vs. age too, as well as certain 'common sense' problems with rate of sedimentation, celestial movements and probability theory. It's a fairly fast read, easy to understand with lots of pictures I think very well done. I don't have my copy now as I lend it out quite often so I really can't give exact examples, but a few things come to mind -- the odds of the DNA structure coming together is like

1X10(400th), anything over 10(150) is considered impossible; the eye -- how can separate parts 'evolve' that have no function except when combined with many others; and how archaeologists date fossils by what layer they are in, but date the layers by what they find in them (huh?).

Oh, to stay 'on topic' I was in stop and go traffic today here in the Texas heat and the water temp got up to 225F, never had a car that ran that hot, too hot? When the traffic started moving temp would come down to around

200F. I've made sure the radiator is free of debris and the electric fans are working (they sound like they don't run very quickly though), does the C4 just run warm like that? Would an aftermarket electric fan pull more air maybe? How about an electric water pump? Seems a bit of overkill there unless one races the car...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks, I'm very much enjoying the group!

Butcher Austin, TX '96 LT-4 CE

Reply to
Butcher

I got much more out of Breaking the Spell by Daniel C. Dennett or his Darwin's Dangerous Idea. His books make you think, that may be painful to some.

Not out of operating range and if you must don't just go changing the thermostat to get it lower without tweaking the computer to turn on the fans sooner.

Reply to
Dad

Thanks Dad for the advice on the books haven't heard of that writer will check them out.

I know the LT-4 has a 180F 'stat figured a 160F wouldn't really help and maybe even hurt in the winter if the car thinks it's too cool all the time but that idea of turning on the fans at a lower temp might, however as soon as I start moving in traffic the temps come down so I thought airflow might be the only real problem. I'd give up a few hp to have that big engine-driven fan sucking air through the rad. those electric ones seem not to move a whole lot of air.

Oh one quick question I got a 'check engine' code today -- "bank 1 cat efficiency low", last week I just replaced the #2 O2 sensor on that side (sensor heater code) maybe I should also replace the #1 first? Don't want to replace the cat if it's just an old sensor getting a little out of range compared to the new #2. Seems like maybe the left tailpipe has a little more carbon in it than the right, maybe a leaky injector?

Great day to all!

Butcher '96 LT-4 CE

Reply to
Butcher

'but a few things come to mind -- the odds of the DNA structure coming together is like 1X10(400th)'

REPLY: Its utterly impossible . Even atheist co founder of the DNA structure , Francis Crick, said :' The chance that DNA came about spontaneously is an impossibility' .

'the eye -- how can separate parts 'evolve' that have no function except when combined with many others; '

REPLY: As you may know, Darwin himself said that his ENTIRE THEORY would collapse if just one example of irreducible complexity could be shown. The eye and many other parts of the human body thoroughly discounts Darwinian Evolution of being true. In fact, if he were here today, he would be utterly embarassed given todays technology. Isnt it something how people will still hang onto a 19th century 'scientist' when modern laws of science totally refutes the 'theory' ??

'Oh, to stay 'on topic' I was in stop and go traffic today here in the Texas heat and the water temp got up to 225F, never had a car that ran that hot, too hot? When the traffic started moving temp would come down to around 200F. I've made sure the radiator is free of debris and the electric fans are working (they sound like they don't run very quickly though), does the C4 just run warm like that? Would an aftermarket electric fan pull more air maybe? How about an electric water pump? Seems a bit of overkill there unless one races the car...'

REPLY: The C4 does run fairly hot generally, but heres a checklist of things to look at to get the temp down :

  1. Prestone clean and flush the Cooling System and open the block drain plugs for flushing out.
  2. Run no more than 25% coolant to 75% distilled water.
  3. Power wash your radiator and condensor coils.
  4. Make sure you have seals all the way around both, and if not, add them.
  5. At idle, speed up your car to 3000 rpms and see if the lower radiator hose is collapsing.
  6. Use an infrared thermometer to make sure it is in fact 225 f. in your cooling system as the guage is indicating. Aim it at the top part of your radiator assuming the hottest water is entering the top first .
  7. Add a bottle of Redlines Water Wetter.

Let us know, Dave.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Hi Dave thanks for the advice, I cleaned the radiator already and looked at the hoses they are a little soft, I'll be flushing the system soon I'm waiting for the hoses to come in at my local auto parts store, waiting for UPS to deliver an IR thermo too I got on Ebay. There are gaps between the rad and condenser coil will deal with those too. Thanks for the advice on the % mix here in Texas I don't have to worry about real low temps so that mix should be fine, haven't heard about the Water Wetter seen the bottle at the store though thought I might give it a try when I pick up the hoses.

One question please -- the car specifies the 'pink' antifreeze but the car has the 'green' in it now, I know they do not mix but is there a difference in cooling with either? I was going to use the 'green' Prestone (I have a couple gal. already for my other cars) but since I'll be flushing it well I could change to the 'pink' if it cools better. I'll post when I finish all the work and see if the temps come down.

Thanks again! Oh by the way I read somewhere years ago that Darwin himself years after his theory was published actually believed he was all wet, he originally wanted to figure out how God did things here NOT replace Him with 'natural selection'.

Butcher '96 LT-4 CE

Reply to
Butcher

'Hi Dave thanks for the advice, I cleaned the radiator already and looked at the hoses they are a little soft, I'll be flushing the system soon I'm waiting for the hoses to come in at my local auto parts store, waiting for UPS to deliver an IR thermo too I got on Ebay. There are gaps between the rad and condenser coil will deal with those too. Thanks for the advice on the % mix here in Texas I don't have to worry about real low temps so that mix should be fine, haven't heard about the Water Wetter seen the bottle at the store though thought I might give it a try when I pick up the hoses.'

REPLY: Reducing your coolant level to 25% and adding a bottle of watter wetter will immediatly be noticed on how much cooler your system will run at ; ive got a 1970 built Big Block (540 h.p/600tq) and run just

15% coolant to 85% distilled water with 2 bottles of Water Wetter -- if im going at least 35 mph , my twin electric fans will never come on and theyre set to come on at 205 f. Its remarkable how much cooler the system will operate at. I do however keep my cooling system in peak condition . If if lived in Austin , Texas ... during the hottest summer months i would not hesitate to run without an engine thermostat installed ; ive done exhaustive tests with and without a thermostat installed and in very hot weather it REALLY makes a big difference how the cooling system works in very high ambient temps. Youll find that by moving more water around your engine and radiator from no thermostat present , youll run far cooler . The thermostat is essential to bring the temp. up on the engine asap after first starting the motor and to maintain a minimum temperature ; but in the sweltering heat of summer in Texas, youll be up to operating temp in no time anyway, and running without one is highly advantageous in terms of cooling effect. The old wives-tale of slowing down the water flow so the radiator can dissipate the heat better is nothing but a myth ; if you go on to Stewart Water Pumps website Forum, this myth is always being brought up . Moving more Gallons per minute is what works and thats why many opt for higher GPM water pumps. Ive got a Stewart stage 3 water pump on mine and the difference over the stock pump is like night and day.

'One question please -- the car specifies the 'pink' antifreeze but the car has the 'green' in it now, I know they do not mix but is there a difference in cooling with either? I was going to use the 'green' Prestone (I have a couple gal. already for my other cars) but since I'll be flushing it well I could change to the 'pink' if it cools better. I'll post when I finish all the work and see if the temps come down.'

REPLY: I dont know the Specific Heat rating of the pink or the green . Sorry.

'Oh by the way I read somewhere years ago that Darwin himself years after his theory was published actually believed he was all wet, he originally wanted to figure out how God did things here NOT replace Him with 'natural selection'. Butcher'

REPLY: Either way, Darwin like everyone else who is no longer here, is a CREATIONIST now ! A very good scholarly book which i thoroughly enjoyed so much that i read it 3 times..is the book called :" I Dont Have ENough Faith to be an Atheist" by Dr. Norman Geisler ; even Atheists have written in and said just how compelling the book really is Its available as a featured book at

. There is a section in the book on how Darwinian Evolution violates the many established Laws of Science . The Author is one of Christianitys best Debaters and on the website there are Debate Videos between him and Secular Humanists ; it is quite entertaining and educational.

Dave

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Snip

Got any information on this mix that you could share? As I remember the less antifreeze you use the lower your boiling point is, see ---

Dad

I think it's important to balance specific heat of the solution against boiling point.

Higher specific heat means better heat transfer from the engine to the radiator and the less chance of hitting the boiling point. Us 'desert rats' think that's a good deal.

I use 50-50 and have good waterpump life.

For ethylene glycol mixes, see: <

-- pj

Reply to
PJ
  1. Run no more than 25% coolant to 75% distilled water. "Got any information on this mix that you could share? As I remember the less antifreeze you use the lower your boiling point is, see ---"

REPLY: The info. i have is from Redline Chemical Co. makers of Water Wetter. , and from talking directly with a Redline Tech. Rep. He said if you want a cooling system that performs to its maximum capability to keeps temps down...and have a/c in the car...then go with

25% coolant to 75% distilled water and a bottle of Water Wetter. If you have no a/c in the car, go with 100% distilled water and a bottle of Water Wetter. NOTE: This only applies to summer driving ; if you life in a cold climate, then correct antifreeze levels must be maintained during winter use to avoid freezing.

The Water Wetter has all the anti corrosion properties needed as well as water pump lubricant.

In my 1970 vette, i use 10% anti freeze with 90% water which gives me freezeup protection in the winter down to approx. 15 f. ; The car is kept in my well insulated / heated garage here in far northern illinois over the winter and ive never seen it get below 25 f. in the garage without heater operation. The difference it makes for summer driving is incredible ; most of the time, the temp is hovering around 180 f. unless im stopped at a light for an extended period of time. I do use a higher pressure rated Radiator Cap of 23 # instead of the standard 16 #.

Dave

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

At least one flavor of Christianity doesn't find evolution or a very old universe distasteful, and in fact has kind words for scientists and researchers:

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

"What a man had rather were true he more readily believes..."

Francis Bacon

Reply to
CardsFan

'At least one flavor of Christianity doesn't find evolution or a very old universe distasteful, and in fact has kind words for scientists and researchers:

AJM

REPLY: Im afraid that this particular 'Flavor' is well known for denying the authority of The Bible, adding all sorts of madeup traditions thruout the centuries, and lately boldly claiming that ONLY their Church holds the keys to eternal salvation and you have to belong to it. Further, Theistic Evolution isnt the way which The Creator chose to create and is wrought with many problems , particularly Gods character :

Biblical problems for theistic evolution and progressive creation Address:

Dave in Lake Villa

From "Tornado in a Junkyard" and a few other tidbits :

1) evolution requires transitional mutations why is it that there are no fossil records of these transitional forms? (ex. fish with little arms and legs) ALL organisms in the fossil record are fully formed without transitional stages the fossil record does not support evolution theory and it is true with every class of animal 2) Tom Kemp states in the "New Scientist" -- "fossil species appear instantaneously in the fossil record, persist for some millions of years virtually unchanged, only to disappear abruptly" 3) To change species genes have to change first, the theory is mutations work these changes, BUT mutations are almost always harmful, usually resulting in the inability for reproduction or even death, in humans it's classed as 'birth defects'. It stretches credibility to suggest a series of 'birth defects', step by step, could change a Chevette into a Corvette...hehe 4) Simultaneous appearance of several gene mutations in one individual has never been observed 5) the problem of 'half-organs' -- if a lizard changes to a bird in a million years of evolution how does the arms change to wings without the arms being useless until the wings fully develop? 6) light sensitivity -- when light first strikes the retina a photon interacts with a 11-cis-retinal molecule which rearranges to trans-retinal, this forces a change in the shape of a protein, rhodopsin, that is tightly bound, then sticks to another protein, transducin, but before bumping into it it's tightly bound to a molecule called GDP. When the interaction occurs the GDP falls off and that binds to another molecule, transducin. Then the new molecule binds to a protein called phosphodiesterase, located in the inner membrane of the cell. When attached it gains an ability to 'cut' a molecule called cGMP. When the amount of cGMP is reduced due to the cleavage by the phosphodiesterace the ion channel closes, causing the cellular concentration of positively charged ions to be reduced, causing an imbalance of charge across the cell membrane that causes a current in the optic nerve. Yea right, chance mutations in an evolutionary sequence 'accidentally' made all this happen. 7) Why aren't fish today trying to develop little arms and legs? If evolution is happening we would see it in some things today 8) living things are made up of cells, cells consist mostly of proteins. Proteins are chains of amino acids. A human cell has over 200,000 different proteins, each protein has hundreds of amino acids. Every amino acid has to have at least one activating enzyme. They have to be collected by transfer-RNA. When an amino acid joins a chain a water molecule is released, if water is present the molecule will be given back, reversing the chemical process. So much for life starting in an ocean. 9) DNA cannot do it's work without catalytic proteins, but proteins cannot form without DNA and DNA cannot form without proteins 10) the sun loses mass at 4 million tons per second, that means only 100,000 years ago the sun would have been twice as big as it is now. 100 million years ago, when the dinos were supposed to be thriving on earth the sun's surface would have extended far beyond the earth's orbit. Talk about global warming! 11) the moon is receding from the earth at about 4cm per year, and the rate would have been greater in the past. The moon could never have been closer than about 11,500 miles. Do the math the moon hasn't been around very long... 12) helium leaks out of the earth's crust at a measurable rate, some escapes but gravity holds most of it. Helium comprises only 5 parts per million in the atmosphere if the earth is so old there should be a lot more He in the air. 13) earth's rotation is slowing if it is billions of years old the rotation would have been too fast for it to form 14) the Mississippi River is said to have formed two million years ago but the rate of sedimentation at it's delta gives an age of only 4400 years. Sedimentation happens in the oceans too, if the oceans were just a billion years old the sediment would be 100,000 feet deep, instead of about 3000 as it is now. The oceans would have filled up in only 14 million years 15) radioactive decay and the speed of light is used to date things, what if the decay rate and speed of light is slowing down, the ages would be MUCH younger (in terms of thousands of years not millions or billions). And the distances to other stars and galaxies would be far shorter, would be a much smaller and younger universe 16)Polonium-218 half-life is only 3 minutes yet everywhere on earth 'halos' made in the rock by the decay shows up, meaning that the rock didn't cool slowly from a molten state, it was created very swiftly and cooled very quickly 17) on April 26, 1890, Arizona Tombstone Epitaph carried a report of a winged monster, resembling a huge alligator with an extremely elongated tail and an immense pair of wings, was found on the desert between the Whetstone and Huachuca mountains by a couple ranchers. The creature was exhausted from flying when discovered and was able to fly just short distances at a time. The ranchers pursued it and eventually shot it dead. It measured 92 feet in length, had two feet and it's head was about 8 feet long. Wing span was about 160 feet. Gee sounds like a dino, or a 'dragon' to me, supposedly extinct for millions of years... 18) after years of plotting galaxies a distinct pattern has been discovered, seems like the universe is a vast x/y/z coordinate system the galaxies seem to be lined up in a 3-dimensional matrix, so much for the random scattering of mass

I could go on and on, and I just did I guess!hehe In Job 38:4 God has a question for the evolutionists -- "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundations?" The problem with evil is that it comes in many forms. And after doing some research on Daniel C. Dennett as advised above I think he is just another pencil-neck pointy-headed intellectual idiot that has a massive disdain for anything bigger than his swelled ego. And I bet he couldn't even change the oil in his car. Cardiologist Maurice Rawlings has written a book "To Hell and Back" in 1993 about near-death experiences. Many say they see a 'light' or feeling a deep inner peace, but some also tell of terrors of a 'hell', I wonder why these experiences never seem to get publicity?

This is all I'm going to say about this and I ask for your forgiveness about this long off-topic post but I felt these things needed to be brought up. Remember the 'golden rule' let's be nice to each other and live well and happy, and let's get out there and have some fun in our 'Vettes, I'm heading out to do that now!

Butcher '96 LT-4 CE

Reply to
Butcher

I couldn't care less what you think about this topic, nor do I care what you think about what I think. All I was doing was pointing out that it is not a universal demand on Christians to believe one way or the other. And that is all I will say, except that, like Dad, I ignore "Dave".