Looking for gear and body lowering advice.

Hey everyone,

I am looking for some advice on a few things to do to my Cobra. I am looking at either 3.55 or 3.73 gears for the rear and I want to lower the car about an inch or maybe an inch and one half. I can use some advice on both since I hear and see so many ideas and applications. In respect to gears, with

3.73's what will my 5th gear rpm be at doing 65 mph? 3.55's would be? Right now with stock gears, it tachs 2000 rpm at 65. My questions about lowering basically would be everything involved that would need to be done. Since the car will be put away for the Winter soon, time to complete these upgrades will not a problem. Thanks in advance for your time and replies.

Steve

98 SVT Cobra #5098 Triple Black Steeda Underdrive Pulleys Steeda Adjustable Clutch Quadrant King Cobra Clutch Steeda Tri Ax Shifter BBK Twin 62mm Throttle Body Borla Cat Back Exhaust Bassani X Pipe MAC Cold Air Intake
Reply to
SJB

If the 98's utilized the solid rear axle, the Bullitt suspension system is worth a look; many automotive writers consider it to be the best Ford has ever produced. I have this installed on my '98 GT, and it is nothing short of awesome; the front and rear dropped apx. 7/8" which is perfect; matching shocks/struts are included in the kit, as are revised front/rear swaybars. The drop is just enough for great looks, but not enough to screw up the suspension geometry, requiring CC plates and other extensive front-end modifications.

-JD

----------------------------------------------------- Note: Only mail from those on my white-list are ever viewed. Attachments always cheerfully dumped - no exceptions. Have a nice day.

JD Adams