What aftermarket exhaust to buy??

Posting this for my brother...

He says he has to have a louder exhaust system than he's got, on his '04 Vette convertible (automatic, comemorative edition).

He wants it to have a "low rumble" at idle or at a stop light, and a "throatier" sound on acceleration than the factory system. I imagine he wants low rumbly sounds as opposed to high-revving and higher-pitched sounds that come out of the kids' import exhausts these days.

At this time he has it narrowed down to Borla, Corsa, Magnaflow, or B&B. I tried to tell him that samples you hear on their web sites aren't really that close to what they really sound like live. I told him to just go to a Corvette show and talk to people, listen to their exhausts. But he wants to purchase soon as inspection is due and he wants to do all together.

This should be a question that comes up often in this NG, I would think, but I couldn't find anything.

If anybody has any input here, I'd greatly appreciate it!!!!!

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I agree that C5's need to sound like the powerful car that it is , instead of the typical family sedan.

Reply to
dave

===================== I can not offer any BETTER advice then you already gave him....In fact that is the exact same advice I give ...go to a show, ask the owner what Exhaust he is running and 90 percent will be grinning from ear to ear as they start up their car....

In any case... you gave the best advice there is....

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

I just put a corsa sport on my 05 coupe and it 's great. Loud but not too loud. Great idle rumble Great thru the gears yet quiet at steady speed.

Reply to
Bubba1

Yep, I agree. He needs to hear for himself. FWIW I installed the B&B cat back stainless system on my

94 Ragt>>
Reply to
RicSeyler

====================== I can relate.... I did the same thing with my 95.... sent that thing back... enet into the local muffler shop and had them weld my original tips on to a short elimanator pipe (cost me 20 bucks) and installed the elimanatores thus removing the mufflers completely...

Now 6 years later the car still has no mufflers... but it does have some resonance...not enough to bother me and I can hear my wife saying slow down slow down as we "motor" down the highway...

BTW: MY brothers Wife purchased AND installed a Corca Indy exhaust system on his 99 all by herself... while my brother was in the hospital... Got my brothers attendion real quick and made his recovery a lot quicker ...when he first started it up ....

Unfortunately he died in 2002 and the car still sits in his garage along with his 80 and blown 92....

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

I had my eye out a the local yards for a 94'95' wrecked with the exhaust not damaged. To buy the exhaust. (cats back)

I'm going to try something that I've been thinking about for a while. (I don't want to cut my original system) I want to cut a seam on the top off the mufflers, peel them open, gut them and braise in a pipe from the inlet to the outlet, and then braise the tops back on (the welding would be hidden with them on the car). So I would have the stock LT1 mufflers and tips (I like them) but have the no muffler sound. And for those occasional long highway trips I have my original setup to put back on, if needed.

I've heard the C5's d>>

Reply to
RicSeyler

Dave you uneducated fundy hypocrite, they don't make exhaust kits for "Hot Wheels" cars like you own

Reply to
Flakey714