What tailgaters deserve

on 6/23/2008 8:45 PM Tomes said the following:

My friend was a cop and his take home vehicle was an unmarked Ford Crown Vic with hidden EM lights and siren. Many times someone would come up right on his tail and hang there at less than a car length. My friend turned on the hidden EM lights for a second and the offender would drop back about 10 car lengths. Other times, when he was stuck in a pack and observed a driver that was in hurry and was making gestures to the cars in front of him/her, a tap on the siren calmed everyone down.

Reply to
willshak

This thread has nothing to do with any of the 4 groups that it has been displayed in.

It should actually be in alt.phycologically.disturbed. The anger and hostility shown by the original poster has got to be evindent to most of you. The cross posting is screaming for attention along with the tone of his attacks on some vehicles and some people.

The anger shown by him to the tailgaters only shows the pending location of the next accident. The one redeeming feature to this is for all drivers to be aware of the other driver, he may be as angry as these posts indicate. Drive to stay alive, not to get even, it won't correct this guy's misguided life.

Sorry for the cross post, I'm weak like that sometimes.

Reply to
Dad

I thought that there was still some version of Population Density in the equation of setting speed limit? Did that go away in `95?

Reply to
Zombywoof

Thank you for your refreshingly perceptive post. Well put.

Whether we like it or not, we all lead by example.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

shows the current speedlimits and Utah is factoring population density for some roads.

-- Ron

Reply to
Ron Peterson

So far as this article says, the feds left all speed limit decisions up to states:

AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

Which part of Nor Cal do you drive in? They tailgate here in NorCal also. Maybe to move the normally an immigrant who thinks the left lane is the slow lane over. But there have always been tailgaters in the near 50 years of NorCal driving I have done.

Reply to
bmckeenospam