wtb c3 frame and pan

Howdy,

Friend of mine Ric that frequents this group suggested I post here to see if anyone has what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a replacement frame that would fit a 1976. Ideally one without major pitting suare and true. Some surface rust is ok. I'm also looking for a complete floorpan (tunnel included)out of 77-79 ( I think those are the galvanized ones without power seats?)

If you have anything or a lead you can email me at snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net I'm in the OuterBanks of NC and also travel to Maryland frequently.

Best Regards, JD

You smell that? Do you smell that?...Racing fuel, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Racing fuel in the morning. It Smelles like - victory.

Reply to
JDHall

Get any leads JD?

You guys be nice to him he's a friend of mine!! hehehe :-)

JDHall wrote:

Reply to
RicSeyler

hey Ric! Working on a couple but nothing solid yet. I did get a reply from frankwpoyner and hope to get out his way in the near future. I had a chance today to really get a good look at the rockers and cage. They are good to go! The floors are pretty much my fault I guess. This car was garaged till I got years back and rust free. Even though it was under roof it wasn't fully protected and the carpet backing held any moisture it got its hands on. Hey I was a metal nut. Vetts had metal? Who knew. 8) So I'm also looking for a donor of a later model (once they started treating the pans) complete pan from rocker to rocker front to back. Compared to changing out a metal car full floor it doesn't look like it will be to bad of a deal. So.. still looking for Straight decent (no major pitting) Frame that will fite a 76 Complete rocker to rocker floorpan

JD

Reply to
JDHall

1975 frame been in a barn for 20+ years, $850, minor surface rust, bad thing is it's about 15 miles from where Ohio, Indiana and Michigan come together. Can get some pictures but I'm headed out for a 3,000 cruise, be back in a couple of weeks.
Reply to
Dad

JD, Dad is a straight shooter and a stand up guy!

When he's not be>

Reply to
RicSeyler

Appreciate it. If I haven't come across anything by the time you get back we can do the picture thing. 8)

JD

Reply to
JDHall

You sound like an easy mark if you associate with Ric, just the kind of guy I like to deal with. Actually it is not mine but a guy I used to work? with and is also a club member.

To give you a little background on the frame it came from a fire that was hot enough to destroy the car but the engine and transmission were pulled and put into another Corvette, later the rear went into someone else's Corvette. It didn't even burn the grease off the top of the transmission so it didn't get very hot at all. It has been in his barn for many years and has had most of the running gear scavenged off as it was needed. He has now retired and wants to build his 427 66 ? coupe and he's making room to work, yeah right. Actually his wife told him to get rid of that stuff, she's retired also, (man shouldn't have to live like that). I've not seen it so when I return I'll go over and take a look and some pictures if you're still interested.

I'm out of here, St Louis, Denver, then back to Greenville SC to my granddaughters birthdays, 3 all in Sept. Hhhuummm, strange, June must be the fun month.

Reply to
Dad

Don't be fooled. I an evil business owning righty or better yet I can go with that label. Makesum think you no smart. 8) Are association proves you can be friends with anyone if you don't talk politics. lol

Just give a shout in this thread when you get back and I will let you know were things are. Have a good trip and nice to meet ya Dad.

JD

Reply to
JDHall

Got rained out, turned around in St Joseph Kansas and just got home, the dirt roads out there turn to butter after 3 days of rain. Did make my meeting in St Louis for NCCC but the hunting went down the drain, I like that pun, yuck, yuck!!

I'm still going to SC later this week and will get the picture if you spell out what areas you need pictures other than the whole thing.

Reply to
Dad

Don't go out of your way this week. I have a couple deals in the works that my workout that are not to far from me. Things often fall threw so it could change in a sec. Ill let you know when your done with your across country tour. Head back via NC and Ill put you up in a beachfront for a couple days. I'm still looking for a full floorpan though.

So what's the story behind the name? Has to be one.

JD

Reply to
JDHall

Nothing mysterious, just the way I signed my messages to my son back in the 80's when I was using a billboard to communicate with him. I would forget some times and send it out so finally just left the same signature on everything. There is another reason but I would never hear the end of it if it were stated on this group.

Actually I do come through Asheville NC on I40/I26, wild ride through the Pisgah National Forrest on I40. Seldom get over to the coast since my sons family has slowed him up a bit. They are going over to Myrtle Beach next week for the first time since 1976, is he in for a surprise. We always used to go to the Savanna to their St Patrick bash but I never liked the smell of vomit in my cars. So I always drove the Corvette so we had to take their car. ;-)

I got to go over there some time and look at that frame and the other Corvette stuff he has squirreled away over the years. I've tried on many occasions to buy his old '72 convertible but he would never put a price on it, his wife would sell it as it's in her name. He is painfully slow and hard to talk to and get a straight answer or action, that's why some of it has been in his barn for 30 years.

Dad

The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Reply to
Dad

You right about your boy being in for a surprised. He will think he's in the wrong state all together!

Reply to
JDHall
1978 vette salvage from fire Cdn $1800 located in Calgary Alberta

Eugene Blanchard

Reply to
RicSeyler

looka like everything I need. Shame its so far away. 8(

Reply to
JDHall