1997 Dodge Intrepid -Timing Belt Snapped

First time I had engine repairs done since purchased 3 years ago. Second owner. Repairs consist of checking engine for any internal damage. R & R Timing Belt,Water Pump & Seals.This cost me $800.00. Was I overcharged?

Reply to
Witone

doubt it

Reply to
rob

sorry I didn't say more in last reply, had something just happen here......I'm assuming it was 2.7?

I replaced the belt and tensioner pulley on my 3.5 for about 110.00 bucks give and water pump around 35.00 or so depending......your price may very depending on the dealer price for parts. and then figure shops charge anywhere from 50 to 120 an hour for labor. its possible it could have been done cheaper, but just depends on where you take it.

maxpower would no more on labor times, I don't have a time guide anymore, but there a few hours labor involved. I personally did it myself and saved all that but don't know if you were able to do that.

Reply to
rob

Reply to
Jeff

I feel better about it now. Thanks!

Reply to
Witone

Overcharged? No. Sounds pretty fair actually.

Reply to
Gene Poon

overcharged?

The 2.7 has a chain, But $800.00 sounds about right if they replaced the tensioner and timing belt idler pulley. If they removed the front cover and replaced the seals(o-rings) then you really got a deal

Reply to
maxpower