1999 Stratus that dies randomly

I have a friend with a 1999 Stratus and it dies randomly. Here are some of the times that it has failed him.

-While traveling 65 miles per hour on the freeway the car stops running, tachometer go to zero and car looses speed. Then it starts running again after pumping the gas.

-While sitting at a stoplight. The car dies until he shuts it off and turns it back on when it restarts most of the time. The last time it happened to him it took him 20 minutes of trying to get the car running again.

Neither of these items happens regularly. The car has new plugs and wires, new transmission, regular oil changes and filter (both air and oil) changes and is driven almost entirely in the city.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

Reply to
Coffee4kev

Hi, We are fighting a similar issue with our '03 Intrepid. It seems like it's either the Camshaft Position Sensor or the associated wiring. I'd say have him bring the car to a shop and have them pull the stored codes. This will greatly help you in finding the problem.

Good Luck my friend.

-Karl N.

Reply to
Karl North