2000 Plymouth Voyager-Changing the Shocks??

Anyone have any good tips for changing the shocks on the front of the mini van. The back shocks seem pretty simple but the front have that spring.

snipped-for-privacy@frontiernet.net

Reply to
JayRod

buy or rent a spring compressor from autozone. you would also need a special socket setup to remove the shock cartridge from the shock housing. Basically you would need two set of special tool before you start. Also one more note: the 2 lower bolts on the shock be sure and indentify the head of the bolt and put a wrench on it and be sure it does not turn when you turn the nut off because the bolt is grooved. Penetrating oil or wd-40 would help. spraying it the night before works even better. Good luck! I am not an expert but I changed two sets of front shocks on my caravans and its fairly straight forward, except for the above mentioned items.

  1. 2-bolts at the bottom
  2. 3-bolts under the hood
  3. remove brakeline clamped onto the shock tower
  4. I am not sure if you need to remove the suspension link near the shock
  5. the shock should drop

I hope I helped you!

Reply to
pchotspot