2001 Dodge Caravan radio removal

How do you get the trim off? Thanks,Bill

Reply to
bwiley

You pull on it.

Reply to
Dan C

I have a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan and I am trying to remove the stereo and I cannot figure out how to remove it. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can remove the stereo?

Reply to
bnwild95

That's one of the easiest things you can do on that van is to pop out the radio!! remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the panel behind the trim piece (it snaps out to access screws) then pop off the panel around the radio.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

When I pull the cupholder out there are two screws.. Are those the screws you are referring to? I have tried removing them and pulled and pulled on the panel that goes around the radio temp controls etc.

Reply to
bnwild95

Dude. take a look at it!!! there are 4 screws there!!! 2 for the cup holder and 2 for the panel. Which ones do you think need to be removed? Are you sure you want to remove this radio?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Dude!! There are only two screws!!!! I'm not blind!

Reply to
bnwild95

Then if you removed the screws what is the problem? pull the panel off and get to the radio screws!!

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Okay here is the deal. I remove the cupholder and there are two screws. I remove those screws and I try pulling on the panel that covers the radio, heating and air temp etc. The panel will not come off. You are telling me that there are 4 screws?

Reply to
bnwild95

Ok last time. some vans have 2 screws that hold the cup holder and 2 screws that hold the panel on. If you have removed all screws under that little plastic trim that you popped off then the panel is ready to come off. It is help on with clips......pull it hard and it will release