Need Dodge Grand Caravan extended warranty advice

I have a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan ordered & I was wondering if an extended warranty is a good bet, or a waste of money ?
Anyone have any personal experiences with them that could shed some light
on this subject for me ?
--
Dr. Skeezix LaRocca, D.B. (Doctor Of Buffoonery)
Registered Linux Novice & Abuser #526706

I've had several. The ones purchased directly from Chrysler though the dealership have always worked out and although somewhat costly have paid for more than their cost over its duration.
On another new Chrysler vehicle I was frugal and purchased an independent warranty which the dealer's service mgr stated they worked with. That company went bankrupt after about 1 year of coverage.
So, based on my personal experience, go with the genuine Chrysler extended. I know some prefer to bank money to cover any costs of repair. But there is something nice about "no worries".
Good luck.
On Friday, August 31, 2012 4:58:39 AM UTC-6, BobMCT wrote:

Yes. I would caution against buying a third party contract. Too many go bankrupt, leaving you with a worthless contract.
KM
there's 3 or 4 good ones, but not many