2001 Durango SLT cruise control

My Durango 4.7L (65k miles) is having a problem with cruise control. The CC will not even turn on. The "Cruise" indicator on the dashboard won't turn on no matter how firmly you press the button on the steering wheel to turn it on.

However, if I stop at a red light and cut the engine off, then crank it back up, there's a good chance that CC will work just fine.

If it will turn on initially, then I can turn it off and back on at will, and it will work perfectly for as long as the vehicle keeps running. The next time I start the engine, the CC may not work -- if so, it won't work at all unless I cut the engine off and back on again.

So it doesn't seem like the switch on the steering wheel -- maybe the BCM?

Reply to
Marcus

Thanks, Glenn, I'll arrange to take it in to the dealer.

I appreciate the response. I know everyone here appreciates getting your expert responses here.

Regards, Marcus

Reply to
Marcus

Thank you Marcus

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Hey Marcus, let me know what you find. I have a similar problem with my Durango 5.2, except I've found that it will come on if I keep pressing the "on" button. It always comes on, but only after a few tries. I was going to try contact cleaner.

Reply to
Fred Aston

Well, actually, the problem only occurred on one day.

Which day? June 6. 06/06/06.

Since then, perfect behavior.

(looks at Glenn for an explanation of the evil subroutine in the PCM/BCM that only activates on 6/6/6)

Reply to
Marcus

Hmmm.. dont look at me!!

Reply to