97 Intrepid ac Quit after cleaning Bat cables

I cleaned the battery cables on my wife 97 Intrepid 3.3. After that all of the dask lights and gauges quit working. I drove the cat about 1/2 mile and the gauges and dash lights started working again. Tha AC worked before I cleaned the cables, now the compressor will not turn on. The AC system has pressure in it so I know that it should turn on.

I would like some suggestions

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Rechecked everything. The fuses are good. There is no fuse for the AC. There ia a relay. The Airbag light had been coming on and off before I worked on it.

Thanks Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

There is a fuse for the A/C, it should be the 30amp I believe (green) fuse in the fuse box. If it is good check the connection at the compressor. disconnect and reconnect it, sometimes they loose contact.

Reply to
maxpower

Make sure the ground cable from the battery is truly grounded.

Reply to
bba

There is a red 20A fuse for the ac, fan relays. It is good. I need a schematic of the AC electrical system.

I need to know the pin out of the AC relay so I can see if there is 12v getting to it to turn it on.

Thanks Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

There is a 30amp fuse also