2002 Dodge Neon

I'm driving from NY to WA and it's just under 3000 miles, I'm worried about how many hours at a time I can drive my car before it will overheat. It's about a

44 hour trip and I'm trying to figure how I can break up the drive for my car... I'm completely clueless when It comes to my vehicle... I know I'm a failure as a car owner but I'm working to fix that...lol if anyone has any idea's they would be much appreciated
Reply to
jazkim16

about how many hours at a time I can drive my car before it will overheat. It's about a 44 hour trip and I'm trying to figure how I can break up the drive for my car... I'm completely clueless when It comes to my vehicle... I know I'm a failure as a car owner but I'm working to fix that...lol if anyone has any idea's they would be much appreciated

LOL, what are you talking about?

Reply to
maxpower

You shouldnt have to worry about your car EVER over heating if the fan and cooling system are working properly, it will run indefinately, that is if you keep putting gas in it.

Reply to
Adam

don't run extended amounts of time at triple digit speeds and you'll be fine.

have the car checked out and it wouldn't hurt to change your oil before you leave. don't forget to check out the radiator hoses ....nothing squishy and no soft spots in the hoses. don't forget your belts.

obey the law, keep it between the ditches, take breaks for the driver; rest stops to stretch legs and sleep breaks 6 hours minimum. check your fluids every couple of fill ups or so, except for the cooling system. save that for when its cold. you don't want any scalded body parts. don't buy chepo fuel....you don't want any water in your fuel during this trip.

about how many hours at a time I can drive my car before it will overheat. It's about a 44 hour trip and I'm trying to figure how I can break up the drive for my car... I'm completely clueless when It comes to my vehicle... I know I'm a failure as a car owner but I'm working to fix that...lol if anyone has any idea's they would be much appreciated

Reply to
robs440