2002 Grand Caravan

Mixed feelings this week.

68,000 miles and got the van in for service. It had been shifting poorly around 30 mph (both upshifting and downshifting) since about 15k. Every time the service guys would flash the TCM and it would be better for 5-8k miles; then it would *learn* bad behavior and act poorly.

So they opt to not reflash but tear the tranny open. I have the 100,000 mile extended warranty, so go for it. In the meantime I get a quad-cab Dakota :)

Turns out in the tranny it needed a torque converter and clutch components replaced. Again, I am okay with that - and the Service Advisor has been in contact with me more than any other in the last 8 years.

Unfortunately they found some oil traces on the rear of the engine, up high. It *could* be a spill from filling, but they want to run dye through to be sure it isn't a leak. Downside, I can't get the van back until Monday at the earliest.

I noticed some splatter on the hood underside about a month ago. And thought maybe it came from the valve covers, but I couldn't locate the source then either.

Think happy thoughts for me, I can afford a warranty co-pay but not anything more than that right now :/

Reply to
Steph

Well, you probably know that you should get a good engine degreaser and wash it down well, run the vehicle for a while and you should probably find the source of the problem pretty quickly. I would give it a little test drive revving it up pretty good to get the pressure up. That should do it.

Steve

Reply to
steve