2002 Stratus stutters when applying the brake

I have a 2002 Stratus. The car stutters when I apply the brake at low speed. Any ideas? Thank you.

Reply to
Howard Mora

Grease/brake fluid on the rotors or pads.

Reply to
DodgeDriver

I had a similiar problem with when braking in a '95 Dodge Intrepid. At it's annual inspection it was reported that there was a brake imbalance on the front brakes. It just about got through the inspection because of this. On checking the pads, the LH brake pads were much more worn that the RH side. So I invested in new brake calipers and new pads.

So I was a bit disappointed when the stuttering problem continued. I took the car to a local garage and they ran a few tests. They were at a loss to diagnose the problem. Although the mechanic observed that the LH outboard pad moved slightly on the caliper when the brakes were applied.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the problem slowly and gradually disappeared as the pads and the calipers bedded in together. Much relief all round because the next step would have been to replace the front discs. So I hope that this might you some ideas...

Alan

Cheltenham England

Reply to
ssomnala