Stratus engine stutters

My friends 2002 Dodge Stratus, engine stutters at high speeds, 40mph or more, when applying the brakes. I posted a message a few days ago saying that the engine stuttered at low speeds. I was wrong. It's at high speeds. Apply the brakes and the engine shakes. Any ideas? Thanks again.

Reply to
Howard Mora

cylinder misfire? is the check engine lite on?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
truckdriver

HMMMM...if the engine stutters when the brakes are applied, then you must be accelerating, and braking simultaneously. Sounds to me like you have a brake problem, and a rotor or rotars needs turning. D

Reply to
Deke

bingo....warped rotors.

Reply to