2003 Intrepid - How tp change the Camshaft Position Sensor - UPDATED

Hello All, I have a 2003 Dodge Intrepid ES with the 3.5L engine. The Check Engine Light cam eon today. So I brought it in and had the codes red and reset. The codes were P0340 and P0344. Both state that the Camshaft Position Sensor A is bad or the electrical connection is intermittent. The part seems to be cheap enough $50.00 to $60.00 at local parts houses. Is there a "How To" online about changing it out? If no write up, can someone give me a general idea on how much labor there is involved? It doesn't seem like its gone all the way out... could this be just a bad connection somewhere?

I've done some research and cannot find a write up online, so I'm hoping you guys can help.

Thanks, Karl N.

Reply to
Karl North

If you look at it you will see just how easy it is. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Loosen the upper intake plenum. Disconnect electrical connector from sensor. Remove camshaft position sensor screw. Pull sensor up out of the timing belt housing cover

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname