2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Okay, my Neon started to make a very weird noise a few weeks ago. Whenever I?m at a stop light or parked and the car is running, the front starts vibrating (by front I mean that there is a very noticable vibration on the interior of the car... the steering wheel, etc.) and then there?s a very weird noise that is coming from under the hood, kind of a ratting noise. Then, when I step on the gas, it stops. Any clue as to what it may be? I don?t want to take it in and it just be a loose something or nother. Thanks!

Laura

Reply to
crzytrain

like a stone stuck inside a metal heat shield?

Reply to
Abby Normal

uhh yeah.. gonna have to be more specific about the 'under the hood' thing. fire it up in the driveway and open the hood to tell us more about where it comes from and what it sounds like. ;) but this car is way too new for me to even begin with what might be wrong.. i'm a backyard mechanic.. not a chrysler tech :(

if it's an automatic, could be anything from --something wrong with the torque converter spinning when you stop, --to just ideling really, really low. which is the most likely problem, imo. perhaps the computer has a glitch and is running the car at like 37 rpm?

but anyway; if it's a 2004 SXT.. would you not still have some kind of warranty?

Reply to
ArchTaib
Reply to
crzytrain

go look for disconnected vacuum hoses, sounds like its not idling at the right speed.

Reply to
rob

Reply to
Abby Normal