74 Dodge Dart in driveway -- Junk it?

I have a 74 Dodge Dart (Custom), slant 6, which I bought new. I kept it in excellent shape for 20 years (yikes!) -- and for 10 years or so it's been sitting in the driveway. "Someday" I was gonna ... - well you know about "somedays ..."

Cosmetically, it has rust, of course, from sitting and lack of maintenance -- but it had an excellent paint job, and new roof cover, and was well maintained before it was put out to pasture, including a completely rebuilt (excellent) engine.

Should I just get it junked, and be done with it, or do you think there's a person or two who would be interested? (I once saw a glove compartment 'box' for a 74 Dart that sold for $35) I'm not about to try to part out the car -- bottom line: if there's value, I'd hate to just junk it.

Any suggestions appreciated.

-Lake

PS: I'm in the Boston area.

Reply to
Gone

if you keep it will you rebuild it? or do you have them time and money to do it. I don't for my 68 coronet but I wont part with it due to the fact I am now getting a little money together ( not much but some)

keep in mind the parts cost and time to do it.

also if you don't have time/money most likely someone will want it. the /6 is not the most desirable but v8 k frames are plentiful.

there's darts on eBay going for 500 to 4000

Reply to
robs440

No, I don't have the skill set to do that :-| I always had people who *really* knew what they were doing work on it.

< snip>

Guess I'll take a look at eBay ... it's not clear how I would be sucessful advertising a car that can't be driven ...

I'm not even confident I could *accurately* describe the condition -- in that with a car sitting so long, there are bound to be things not readily evident.

Thanks for the suggestion, Robs.

-Lake

--Original post follows--

Reply to
Gone

Reply to
Chuck Hulbert

Thanks for the suggestion, Chuck. I'll give it a go!

-Lake

Reply to
Gone