94 spirit heat problem still

Ok, I still have this heating problem, the car can idle out side in the morning for half an hour, the air coming out wont be very warm at all. When I take off I drive about a mile and the air warms up, I've changed the thermostat, I put in a 192 degree one, filled it up with antifreeze and still no change in performance. Should I put in a lower temp thermostat?

Reply to
Adam

More then likely the heater core is stopped up. Is one hose hot going into the firewall and the other luke warm?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I dont know about that yet. If it is what is an easy way of clearing it out somewhat just to get me through the winter?

Reply to
Adam

I'd say if you did all that and still no heat, the heater core is plugged. Try connecting the hoses to it in reverse, maybe running some water into it backwards might help.

Reply to
Helpful G