'95 dodge stratus stalling...

My '95 stratus keeps stalling after I drive it for 20 minutes or so. RIght before it dies it will jerk 2-3 times like its downshifting real quick, but it runs and starts like a charm before it dies. I replaced the distributor, water pump, fuel filter, plugs, and plug wires, and checked the fuses. If anyone can help, or knows of a common problem please help.

Reply to
drich13

There maybe a few common problems, but I wonder what engine it has?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Engine size would help. Have you checked the fuel pump? See if you are loosing fuel when it quits.

Reply to
Mike

The car is a 2.5L V-6, and the fuel pressure is right on 49, so i ruled the fuel pump out...But it seems like the computer is turning the car off for some reason...

Reply to
drich13

You would have to monitor the sensors or at least check to see if there are any fault codes in the system, possibly a crank sensor cutting out on you

Reply to
maxpower

I was wondering if anyone knew what to use to check and monitor sensors on my car, plus if anyone could tell me where the crank sensor is, that would be great. I was thinking it might be in the distributor, but unsure.

Reply to
drich13