96 voyager stalled and crank but wont turnover.

1996 grand voyager 3.3L engine. Friend driving and the van sputter and stalls out. It cranks but wont turnover. I know the engine is running lean because of a bad O2 sensor. What could the problem be. What area[s] should I investigate. Any help is appreciated
Reply to
pchotspot

Gee...., you think it might be the bad O2 sensor...?

Reply to
Dan C

Dan C..................pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY OF MY POSTING................... YOU ARE AN ASS!

Dan C wrote:

Reply to
pchotspot

has nothing to do with the 02 sensor, go back to basics..does it has spark? is it getting fueL I assume that the check emgine lite is on due to the 02 sensor, are there any other fault codes?

Glenn beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

i checked for spark and there is none. I also remove the ignition coil from another van [96 caravan 3.3] that cranks, and put it in but the van [96 voyager 3.3] that does not crank. AND THE VAN DID NOT CRANK! i actually switch the two coils, and the coil from the 96 VOYAGER 3.3L did not crank in the 96 CARAVAN 3.3L. [so I assume that coil is bad]. But when I put the good coil FROM THE 96 CARAVAN that did not crank in the [96 voyager 3.3]. when I switch them back the 96 caravan cranked and the 96 voyager did not.

the 02 sensor is bad and i dont know if that causing the coil to not get electricity. If someone can tell me where to check as to why the coil pack is not getting spark I would appreciate it very much.

damnnickname wrote:

Reply to
pchotspot

Your gonna have to stick with one post and reply to that and not keep making new post and sending e mail, its to confusing. Since you are able to check fault codes I would assume the PCM is more then likely ok but could still be causing the problem. The fuel pump is the only thing that wont set a fault code when it goes bad and if the PCM heat sink goes bad you will not get a fault Before you do anything else, take the air cleaner snorkel of the throttle body and open the blade, spray a shot of gum cutter or throttle body cleaner in it and try to start it.

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
Thorsten Rossbach