97 Caravan ES pulls to right after service

1997 Caravan ES (SWB) with 105,000 miles. The other day I noticed a creaking noise when turning right at slow speeds (like turning into the driveway). The mechanic told me it was the right strut and strut bearing. Replaced the struts and the bad bearing. Now it pulls to the right. I took it back and he told me the alignment slipped, he reset it, and gave me the printout from the alignment machine, showing all settings in the green area. He said if it still pulls, to come back and he'd replace the right strut, because it may be sticking? Well, there is still a "slight" pull to the right, almost like it's not compensated for road crown. If I drive in the center turn lanes, where there is no crown, it tracks true. As soon as I move into the driving lane where there is a slight road crown, it again pulls to the right. Not badly, but enough to be noticed. There was no pull before the strut replacement. I am concerned that if I ignore the slight pull, it will eat up the inside of the right tire. Should I be worried, or is this just a normal situation that I didn't have before? Your comments and opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reply to
QX

Due to the design of the roads (with the road crown) some drift/pull is considered normal. If you say the vehicle tracks straight on a road that does not have a crown, there is not much you can due for this. Some vehicles have an adjustment for caster that can be set to compensate for this pull and will not cause any tire wear. Your vehicle only has a toe adjustment but you can install a camber bolt package that will allow camber adjustment.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

i think I know whats causing your problem........I change my struts on my 96 caravan and I did not mark the spring and that rubber seat at the top to be sure I put them back in the original orientation. when I drove my van there was a pull to the left and a noise when I hit any bump in the road. I still dont have it correct but I did go back and changed the way I had it and although there is still a little pull, the noise did go away and it track a lot better. I think if I got the correct orientation for the spring and that rubber piece on the top of the spring I am sure my van would track straight.

i think your mechanic put the strut, spring and rubber back in the wrong orientation and that is the cause of your trouble. I am having the same problem, am I changed the struts myself, while doing it the marks I put on to guide me with the install got erased and I had to guess, hence the problem. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THAT

Reply to
jamcashebay00