97 Grand Voyager

We purchased a '97 Grand Caravan a few months ago and everything was working fine at time of purchase. Within a few days I noticed the air bag light was staying on longer than any other of the lights and symbols that are lit when starting the car. After a few days it started staying on completely and then the cruise control would no longer consistently work. Found out about the recall for the backwards clockspring- took it to the dealer for replacement. Leave dealer w/everything working. Realized a few days later that the high beam indicator light not working but no big deal. Suddenly the on indicator lights on the climate control panel are flashing when car is started and they stay on, sometimes for a few miles, sometimes more (i.e the rear wiper button light, the rear wash button light, the recirculating air button, the light on the air conditioner button). When I turn off the car and restart it they have a tendency to stay on longer and sometimes won't go off at all until the car is turned off. The only thing that does not seem to function during this time is the rear window defroster button and you have to be able to tell by sound with the air conditioner and the recirculating button since the on indicator lights are already lit and flashing. Haven't been able to figure out what could be causing this. Any ideas???

Rebecca

P.S.

Two or three times my daughter has reported the van wouldn't start, or indeed do anything when she first tried it. She said if she waited a minute or three it would start for her. Never had it happen- not sure about that one either. Maybe all things connected??

Reply to
R Holloway

Backwards clockspring? Your A/C system may need calibration or it has a problem. Get the engine at operating temp, put the temp control on full hot and panel select at dash and blower on high.push A/C and wash button at the same time until all leds are lit up and then let it go thru the test.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Sounds like you may be losing the battery connection. I have had this happen due to a defective battery or corroded battery connections. Henry

Reply to
Henry

Backwards clockspring? Your A/C system may need calibration or it has a problem. Get the engine at operating temp, put the temp control on full hot and panel select at dash and blower on high.push A/C and wash button at the

same time until all LED's are lit up and then let it go thru the test.

A faulty battery or loose connection of the battery will cause all the above