98 Dodge Caravan

I have a thumping noise related to the front wheels turning. Noise goes up with speed etc When going down highway it is most noticeable but you can also hear it at slower speeds. It is most prounounced on left hand side. I have allready had the hub bearing assembly replaced. But the noise is still there. I thought perhaps it was the drive axle but my drive axle guy swears it is not related to that. He could be worng... I have checked the tie rod end etc and does not appear to be loose. Any ideas? It is worse when you put a right hand turn input (turn wheel to the right) . I realize this is somwhat hard to troubleshoot on this forum without seeing or hearing the vehicle.

Thnaks in Advance..

Reply to
Christopher Pine

Have you looked at your tires? Could be a broken belt in one of them...

Reply to
FeMaster

The bearing that got replaced was the wrong one. Have the technician remove the right side bearing and put the one he took off the left side on it. Its funny you mention this because I had just done a repair on a vehicle today at work doing the same thing. You would thing that making a right turn (noise evident) you would be loading the left bearing causing the noise. But the inner bearing on those hub assemblies will cause the wrong bearing to get replaced.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

This may sound crazy, but check the tighness of all lug nuts, I had a similar sound on one of my cars and I had loose lug nuts on one wheel.

Reply to
Bubba