ABS light has came on after 350 miles.

The ABS light has came on my 98 Dodge Caravan SE handicap aquipted van. I have had it a little over a month and the van came with no book to look at and read about, it was just inspected and oil and other fluids were just checked when I bought it. If anybody would know what it might be it would be appriciated. I misspelled a couple of the words so don't get on me about spelling please.. Hope to hear from someone with the answer or what it might be.

Reply to
Alex

Alex, Go to alt.autos.makers.Chrysler and read what I just got finished replying to in that group. There are a couple topics in there for this problem.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I cannot find the page you have forwarded me to

it comes to a chrysler dodge page with new car adds for a sebring

Reply to
Alex

[snipped]

Glenn didn't say anything about a web site/page. What he gave you is a newsgroup page.

Reply to
DodgeDriver

There should be a code stored. You'll want to take it to a qualified technician to have the code read. Could be anything from a sensor to the braking unit itself.

Reply to
Raymond Sirois

Alex the first thing you need to do is have a scan tool connected to see what code (s) are present. The most common will be an ABS wheel speed sensor followed by problems being caused by a weak battery. This is a handicapped vehicle which means alot of modifications have been made on the body and wiring circuits so this problem could be hard to find. Either way you are gonna have to get the fault code

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

The battery is brand new, I will take it to my mechanic he takes so long to get to a car, usually 2 or 3 days or so. Now I drove it 5 miles to get gas and it only came on when it was started and went off after about 30 seconds . Thanks for the help after I get the code #'s I will post them if my mechanic wants to do something, it was suppose to be just serviced and checked out from a reputable handicap dealer.

Reply to
Alex