starter problems, 1998 Grand Voyager

I'm periodically running into the "turn key, hear solid Clunk, but no starter turning" problem. After I try the key a couple of more times, the starter does, in fact, start turning, and I'm up and running.

I nkonw I've seen this discussed before but can't recall the suggestions.

Anyone have a possible diagnosis and repair to offer?

Thanks muchly.

Reply to
danny burstein

The starter solenoid contacts are worn out. replace the starter or find an after shop that can replace just the contacts.

Glenn Beasley

Reply to
damnnickname

sounds like you battery cable may have a build up on the in side clean the battery ends first before you pull the starter

Reply to
truckdriver