ABS Light came on

Tonight my ABS light came on. It's a 2002 Explorer 2wd with about 52,000 miles on it. Any ideas what may be the problem? The brakes seem to be working normal.

possibly your ABS sensor, I had a problem with mine where the wire broke in the wheel well.
Searcher1

Which sensor is the ABS sensor?? Sounds like you had a problem with a wheel speed sensor..... These systems aren't as simple as you thimk they are. If they were, I'd be out of a job....
Not you in particular, but it amuses me to look at an electronics 'experts' VCR and see that it is always "12 o'clock - 12 o'clock - 12 o'cloc..."

Before you panic, check the brake fluid level in the reservoir. Next try washing out the area of the front wheel hubs with a high pressure washer. Then check the rear sensor (in the rear axle). Diconnect it and check for continuity.
Regards,
Ed White

miles
normal.
Thanks, The next day when I cranked it up, the light was off and has been off ever since. We had a lot of snow and ice here. Could that have caused the problem? Mark McCoy www.mccoysmarket.com
On 31 Dec 2004 03:20:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comxxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxx) wrote:

Sure can. I took my 2000 explorer out a year ago to play in the snow one day and after getting snow packed everywhere, the abs light came on. I figured, "oh great, I broke something".
After a few hours of melting in the garage, it was fine again.
I since learned that snow can pack around the sensors and cause them to not be able to pick up the signal.