AEM intake installations question

i have on 03 neon sxt and i installed an AEM cold air intake, the way its setup is that the air filter is close to the ground that im afraid when its raining it will get soaked, anyone have any suggestions on somehow providing more protection to the air filter?

Reply to
DEON44

Unfortunately, this is the downfall to the aftermarket cold air intake systems in a neon type car. Not the most convenient for changing when it rains. I have an SRT-4 with a K&N Typhoon cold air intake. Its made up of two sections; the upper half (in the engine compartment) and the bottom half (behind the wheel well). In order for me to pull the filter and attach it to the upper half I have to loosen the fender from the wheel well with a torx screwdriver and then with a long flathead I have to loosen the filter hose clamp from the tube. Then the filter has to be re-attached to the upper half after disconnecting both sections - a pain in the ass procedure if everything is secured down tight. The sound the typhoon makes when the turbo is spooling up and fluttering noises are awesome, but I'm really beginning to wonder whether the extra work required for the changeover when its raining is really worth it. I'd like to know also whether I'm gaining 5+ more ponies by using it. The factory air system in the SRT-4 wasn't all that bad i don't think.

"DEON44" wrote in message news:1_592959 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com...

Reply to
LuvrSmel