any SRT8 owners out there?

If so, how do you like it? Any particular likes or dislikes? Any problems so far? I just got the Charger version Saturday. The thing is awesome! But I'm sure I'm going to be paying for it thru the nose at the gas pump.

Reply to
Jack Carter

Regarding fuel economy, since it's a 6.1L you'd expect worse fuel economy than the 5.7L Charger (17/25 city/highway).

But it's a shame Chrysler couldn't keep the multi-displacement system on the bigger engine, since that makes for a bigger hit on fuel economy. You end up with 14/20, the same fuel economy as my big, heavy Durango!

But that SRT8 has to be a blast to drive!

Is there an insurance hit with the SRT8 version compared to a normal Hemi Charger?

Reply to
Marcus

Haven't got the insurance bill yet but it probably won't be any bargain. Re. gas mileage: just turned 350 miles and the average so far (according to the computer) is 15.4, which includes both city and some road drives. And yes, it's a blast to drive. The sounds that come from that thing under hard acceleration are pure music! Sounds like a lot of it is coming from the intake - and not just the exhaust.

Reply to
Jack Carter