Caravan serpentine belt

It's my 94 Caravan, 180K. Its serpentine belt would come off in any rainy days, even roads are just a little wet. I have got the belt re-installed many times in a garage. The mechanic has replaced the tensioner and belt with new ones a year ago, but it still happens again and again. Now I think it's possible the garage has never done it right. Maybe I should get the van to dealer for a permanent fix? Or I have to live with it?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John61

no something is definately wrong and i bet somebody can fix it. try to see if the all the pulleys are allighned yourself.

ps. engine size might be very helpfull for detailed help.

Reply to
uccoskun

I know someone who had a 91 Caravan with 3.3 v6...they continued having problems with the belt coming off after the original tensioner gave out. Replaced it several more times, they ended up putting in a Chrysler part and the problem went away.

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley