Code P1491

Hello,

I get a P1491 code on my 1998 Grand Car a van with a 3.3 motor. It is a fault on the cooling fan control. This was replaced about a year and half ago. I would replace it but it works fine. The fan is off until the motor gets warn and comes on when it should, and off when it should. What else could be go on? Please give me your in put.

Thanks

Buster

Reply to
Buster

Follow the wiring harness from the radiator fan towards the ECU. There should be a connector near the fan, you should check the integrity of this connector, make sure no wires are broken inside their insulation, etc...

Reply to
daytripper

Where can locate the ECU? And what is the ECU?

Buster

Reply to
Buster