dodge avenger code = po300d

Help. It is me again. Just had a tune-up on my 98 avenger. And now as I slow down and then depress the gas it does not want to go. Brake pedal starts to lock, etc. Hooked to a computer today. Code was P0300D - was told "misfire" either the distributor or computer. Both are expensive. Anyone know anything about this or have any advice? Single mom - I need to really watch the expense, but Have to have a way to go. The dealership said I could take it to then for further test which will be

97.50. HELP
Reply to
pamajen

I was also wondering if the tune-up that was done was just a temp fix or could something be wrong with that work?

Reply to
pamajen

First of all Mom why not take it back to the place that did the tune up? You are getting a cylinder misfire code and obviously the tune up didn't fix it. If they cant diagnose you vehicle then take it to a good known dealer that will fix it and get your money back on the tune up.

If they are telling you that it needs a distributor or a computer they have no idea what is wrong with your car because that isn't going to fix it.

My opinion

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower