dodge avenger help

yesterday my 98 avenger just cut off and gas pedal was almost locked. It restarted and I went 3 miles turned left and it cutt off again, Started again and got the 1/4 mile home and it cut off in the driveway. Glad I got home. Waited 1/2 hour and went out and started it again(almost like it wasn't getting gas) Drove it to the other driveway and it cut off. Restarted and the check engine light started blinking. It is the weekend and I am freaking out. Just redid the Trans. in Jan. Can't afford big repair bill. Single mom and all. I have read on lots of sights. Any advice

- sensor, fuel filter, cat. converter, etc.

Reply to
pamajen

Most likely cause is a dirty throttle body. Clean the throttle body and it should take care of the problem.

Reply to
Mike

Thanks mike, did not intend to post the problem twice.

Reply to
pamajen